Podcast episode unpacks Lead & Copper Rule updates, Chesapeake Bay water quality updates & trends in sustainable investment
In this episode of Talking Under Water, One Water, One Podcast, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen discuss recent updates to the Lead and Copper Rule for the first time in 30 years and potential impacts on the water industry at large. The conversation also unpacks the recent Chesapeake Bay Foundation’s assessment of the State of the Bay, which declined slightly from 2018.
Finally, our interview this month is with Dorothée Chabredier, principal for Amane Advisors. Del Ciello spoke with Chabredier about trends in water investment, including an increased interest in sustainable investing. Chabredier explains the categories in sustainable investing, which have the greatest growth and how water businesses can optimize their business models to benefit from sustainable investing. She also shared her water wish list for 2021 and beyond.
- EPA Adopts New Rules on Lead Contamination in Water - WSJ
- AWWA press release: AWWA Statement on Release of Final Revised Lead and Copper Rule
- WQA press release: WQA Sees Progress in EPA’s Lead and Copper Rule
- CBF press release: CBF's 2020 State of the Bay Score Down Slightly
- 2018 WWD feature on Chesapeake: Cleaning the Chesapeake | WWD
- Cold Open: (0:00)
- Host introduction: (0:27)
- Lead & Copper Rule Revision: (1:30)
- Chesapeake Bay health, and nutrient reduction and removal: (9:20)
- Interview with Dorothée Chabredier begins: (13:56)
- Increased interest in sustainable investing?: (16:05)
- Growth in philanthropic investments in water: (21:30)
- Optimizing water business models for outside investment: (23:12)
- The importance of communication and transparency in the water industry: (26:06)
- Looking forward to 2021 and what to keep in mind: (27:08)
- Unpacking the interview with Dorothée Chabredier: (28:31)
- Housekeeping: (29:40)
- End: (32:12)
Call for Nominations:
- The Scranton Gillette Communications Water Group, which includes Water & Wastes Digest and Storm Water Solutions, is bringing a Water Pavillion to The Utility Expo Sept. 28 to 30, 2021 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Submit abstracts here.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing email@example.com or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.