In this month’s episode, the podcast hosts discuss infrastructure news and extreme weather events, plus they share an interview on small systems trends
In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen touch on recent news from the US Water Alliance — another One Water advocate like this podcast — announcing a new CEO. The hosts also cover progress on the U.S. Investment and Jobs Act, following months of bipartisan negotiations between the Biden Administration and a bipartisan group of Senators. Then they dig into a discussion on the relationship between recent increasing extreme weather events and water.
Finally, the interview this month is with Ronit Erlitzki, director of business development and innovation for AdEdge Water Technologies, and RJ Cavagnaro, director of marketing for AdEdge Water Technologies. Crossen spoke with Ronit and RJ about small systems trends in requested treatment tech, packaged systems and contaminants of most concern.
- Mami Hara Announced as the Next US Water Alliance CEO
- Meet Mami Hara, Incoming CEO of the US Water Alliance
- Senate Passes $1 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Cold open: (0:00)
- Host intro: (1:32)
- US Water Alliance announces new CEO Mami Hara: (2:37)
- US Senate passes $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill: (3:16)
- Hurricane and wildfire update: (4:49)
- Interview with Ronit Erlitzki and RJ Cavagnaro begins: (7:19)
- Trends in small systems bid specifications: (8:05)
- The growing trend toward packaged systems: (12:23)
- Drivers behind the trends in small systems treatment: (14:04)
- The evolution of treatment technology for small systems: (19:22)
- Rain water, water harvesting and water runoff for small systems: (28:02)
- The sincerity of commercial and corporate water reuse: (30:44)
- Interview ends: (32:58)
- Housekeeping: (33:32)
- End: (35:28)
- Take the WQP Buyer’s Guide Preferences Survey: bit.ly/WQPBG2021
- The Scranton Gillette Communications Water Group, which includes Water & Wastes Digest and Storm Water Solutions, is bringing a Water Pavillion to The Utility Expo Sept. 28 to 30, 2021 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky. Register for the event today at sgcwaterpavilion.com.
- SWS and IECA are partnering to bring you a free sediment control webinar on August 26. Register at bit.ly/SWSAugustWeb.
- Send the Talking Under Water hosts feedback on 2022 show topics: [email protected].
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.