In this month’s episode, the podcasts hosts discuss news relating to Fifth Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR 5) and a new EPA video challenge, plus they share an interview on industrial water
In this month’s episode of Talking Under Water, hosts Lauren Del Ciello, Katie Johns and Bob Crossen discuss national news regarding the U.S. EPA finalization of the Fifth Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR 5) and its implications for water systems. The hosts also touch on the launch of a new EPA video challenge — “Companies Crushing Pollution” — and share how to get involved. Additionally, the hosts introduce "One Water Media," a new brand and platform by Storm Water Solutions, Water & Wastes Digest and Water Quality Products. One Water Media will be the new home for the Talking Under Water podcast.
Finally, the interview this month is with Nate Allen, executive director for WaterStart. Crossen spoke with Allen about innovation and how tactical decisions can be part of a grander One Water Strategy.
- Visit One Water Media
- EPA Announces Nationwide Monitoring Effort to Better Understand Extent of PFAS in Drinking Water | US EPA
- EPA Kicks-Off 'Companies Crushing Pollution' Video Challenge
- Visit WaterStart
- Cold Open | 0:00
- Host Introductions | 1:06
- Special Announcement: One Water Media | 2:04
- EPA finalizes the UCMR 5 | 4:15
- Companies Crushing Pollution video challenge | 7:04
- Interview with Nate Allen begins | 9:31
- What is WaterStart? | 9:43
- Giving smaller solutions providers exposure | 11:16
- Technology trends and innovations in water and wastewater | 13:00
- Relieving the regulatory burden placed on utilities | 15:55
- How small tasks can become big problems | 18:22
- WaterStart’s role in the One Water conversation | 21:19
- Tactical decisions for One Water strategies | 24:02
- Trends for 2022 and WaterStart’s next steps | 24:59
- Why having a working example is vital to innovation adoption | 28:09
- Interview with Nate Allen ends | 30:24
- Housekeeping | 30:57
- Outro | 33:23
- WQP: WQP just launched our new Faces of the Industry eNewsletter and hub. Check out the hub at wqpmag.com/faces-industry and submit pitches for people-focused content to highlight there at [email protected].
- WWD: Nominate for WWD Young Pros at bit.ly/wwdyoungprosnomination. Nominations close in March, but it is never too early to recognize the rising stars in your organization! And check out our weekly video interviews at bit.ly/wwdweeklydigest.
- SWS: SWS is now accepting nominations for its Young Pros and Industry Icon. To submit nominations, visit https://bit.ly/SWSawards.
About the Podcast
Talking Under Water is the premier podcast for the water industry, including municipal and industrial water and wastewater, residential water treatment, storm water management and erosion control. It is produced in coordination between Water & Wastes Digest (WWD), Water Quality Products (WQP) and Storm Water Solutions (SWS). The podcast covers topics under the One Water movement including the municipal and industrial water and wastewater, point of use, point of entry, residential, storm water and erosion control markets. Talking Under Water highlights news, trends, new technologies, industry discussions and on-site interviews with experts for WWD, WQP and SWS. New episodes of the podcast are released on the third Friday of every month. Logo Images: Anatoly Tiplyashin / Romolo Tavani / stock.adobe.com.
Contact the Talking Under Water podcast editors by emailing [email protected] or engaging with them on Twitter @TUWpodcast. Join the conversation by commenting or using the hashtag #talkingunderwaterpod on social media.